Amery Area Community Center COVID-19 Policy and Procedure.
Masks or face covering will be worn over nose and mouth until further notice; no exceptions. We ask each member to sanitize, sign-in, and have their temperature taken daily. If any person refuses to comply with these requirements to the Center employees or designated volunteer is authorized to immediately close the center. The well being of our employees is our highest priority.
Closures: We will be following the school district model; if the school is in the green or yellow zones, we will stay open, if the schools move into the red zone we will close for the duration of that time. If anyone who enters our center contracts the virus, we will close for two days to clean and disinfect and evaluate the situation.
- Coffee Club-M.-F., 8-11 AM
- Circuit Breaker Exercise-7-4:30 M-Th. 7-3 Fr.
- 500 Card Party, 2nd and 4th Tues@ 6:30 PM.
- Alzheimer Support Group-1st Wed. @ 10 AM.
- Cribbage-Wed @ 1
- Amery Memory Cafe-Every 3rd Thurs @ 1 PM.
- Mahjong-Every Friday at 9 AM.
- Bingo-2nd and 4th Fridays @ 1 PM.
- Pool Tournaments-Tues & Thurs @ 9 AM
- Low Impact Aerobics-M/W/F @9 AM
- Bridge-M/W @12:30 PM
- Duplicate Bridge-Thursdays @ 6pm
- Polish Poker-Every Friday @ 9:30 AM
- Hand & Foot Cards-Thursdays @ 1 PM
- Stamping and Scrapping-Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday @ 5:30 PM.
- German Club-Every 4th Tuesday @ 1:30 PM
- Knitting and Crochet-Thursdays @ 12:30 PM
- Quilting-Tuesday @ 9:30 AM
- Lee Elmer-Every 3rd Friday @ 6 PM
- Line Dancing Lessons-Mondays & Fridays @ 10 AM
Gift Shop & Library
You will enjoy choosing from our ever-changing variety of gift items on display. Check out our quilted items, woven rugs, greeting cards, Red Hat items and more. We have a large library of books, magazines, videos, and puzzles that members are welcome to borrow.
Additional Community Activities
Our facility is a mainstay in the community. Besides all the wonderful activities we offer, we also host these community activities:
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Rental Space for Funerals, Weddings and other events
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Foot Clinic
- Hearing Clinics
- Seminars with a wide range of topics
If you are interested in getting out and about, join us on an exciting adventure, whether it be a local attraction, a day trip and extended trip or a cruise.
The Center offers different opportunities to get to know your neighbors or meet new friends, through picnics, parties, pool tournaments, card parties or dancing, just to name a few. Test your skills by playing any of our Nintendo Wii games, they are a lot of fun and can be great exercise as well.
Plan a Special Occasion
The Center is everything you imaged for your special event. Whether you decide to have us cater the event or use our modern kitchen facilities, we will be able to accommodate your large or small group for weddings, anniversaries, funerals, reunions, dances, business meetings, or whatever the occasion may be.
All our activities, programs, and services depend on 1 key element – volunteers! Volunteers are found at the heart of all our events. Without your dedication to serve, the Center would not be able to provide the pleasures and enjoyment to the many members who attend them. Our Center also offers volunteer opportunities where people can contribute their experience and skills such as holding a class. Call us at 715-268-6605 for further information.